Friday, February 22, 2008

Last Stop

Almost at the last stop, just over O'Connell bridge then im there, its howling wind and i don't facny standing outside but sure, it'll be grand.

"Last stop there now, last stop" comes over the PA system. Eh, last stop? No, it's not. So in the usual fashion everyone gets up to get off the bus. I'm last off. "What happened to the last stop being D'Olier street?" I pose my question in a poilite manner. "Not today, I have to drop this back to the garage so it's easier to just pull left down O'Connell street than go around," says Mr.Bus Driver. "So it's just for your convienience?" "Yeah," he says, looking at me as if i'm crazy for questioning "Sure you only have to walk across the bridge."

It's lucky my blisters have cleared up, i'm not an old lady and I didn't really care about being late for work. It took me five minutes to cross the bridge because of the sequence of traffic lights giving preferance to cars, during which time another bus blocked my view of the pedestrian lights.

No comments: